Newton Ferrers Removals Company
South Hams Moving & Storage was established in 1992. Since then, we have been carefully moving customers belongings to, from and within the South Hams.
We realise that moving home can be an exceedingly stressful time. Our main aim is to give our customers professional removal and storage services, with the emphasis on customer service and attention to detail.
We not only offer removal services nationally or locally, we also provide storage; where we will collect, store and return your items whenever you wish.
Looking to move to Newton Ferrers? Give us a call, and chat with our friendly sales team, or fill out a quick quote form and we’ll get back to you.
Why Choose South Hams?
South Hams Removals understand that each customer has different requirements for their removals.
One of the fundamental elements of our business is flexibility. Our services can be adapted to meet the specific requirements of each and every customer.
Not only, do we offer full or part removals services. We also provide the following:
· Insurance – We want our customers to trust us, for your peace of mind, we have ensured that every member of our professionally trained staff is capable of arranging insurance for the move.
· Packing services – No one likes packing their belongings. That’s why we offer a comprehensive packing and unpacking service to make your move that little bit easier.
· Assembly services – We can dismantle your furniture, and re-assemble it in your new home, meaning you can sit back and relax.
Whether you’re moving locally or nationally, we’ve got you covered.
Moving to Newton Ferrers
Newton Ferrers is a gorgeous town in the county of Devon, twinned with the village across the Newton Creek, Noss Mayo.
· Newton Ferrers is home to the Church of the Holy Cross, part of the same parishes as those churches in Noss Mayo
· Newton Ferrers is only a 25-minute drive from Plymouth, which provides train links to major cities around the UK. Not only this, but many who move here will find a job in Plymouth and commute daily.
· Most of the cottages in Newton Ferrers are stone-built. Some sport thatched rooves and some are covered with climbing roses, wisteria, passion flowers and other plants which thrive in the sheltered climate.
· Newton Ferrers is also home to many water sports, mainly sailing and yachting.
Just 10 miles from the closest city, Plymouth, Newton Ferrers hides a host of unspoilt countryside, biodiversity and ancient woodlands. Sitting on the banks of the Yealm Estuary, this small village is rarely visited accidentally by tourists as it is tucked out of sight of the city.
In the early centuries, the area was often used by smugglers; now it is a thriving village; the perfect escape from the hustle and bustle of the city and picture-postcard idyllic.
On the whole, Newton Ferrers is seen as an expensive area to live in. The average property price is close to that of Salcombe, a trendy area for holidaying in South Devon.
Over the past year, Newton Ferrers has seen a 1.20 % decrease in property price, and over the past five years, it’s seen a 14.59% increase. Property prices here are declining, but this likely won’t stay this way for a significant period of time.
The average price for property in Newton Ferrers stood at £685,305. In terms of property types, flats in Newton Ferrers sold for an average of £324,569 and terraced houses for £572,831. This is according to Zoopla statistics in November 2019.
Newton Ferrers Schools
Due to only being a small village, children in Newton Ferrers are only served by one primary school. This is the Newton Ferrers Church of England Primary School, which received an ‘outstanding’ from Ofsted.
If you’re looking for secondary education, local children find themselves jumping on the bus and heading to one of the local secondary schools. There aren’t many in the surrounding areas, with the closest good quality secondary being Ivybridge Community College in Ivybridge; which received an ‘outstanding’ from a recent Ofsted inspection.
If you’re looking for further education, Plymouth has its own University, which consistently ranks as one of the leading universities in the UK.
Newton Ferrers has plenty to offer anyone who decides to move here. The Warren is a stunning stretch of coastline, located nearby, which provides hours of coastal walks through ancient woodlands and along cliff tops.
If you’re looking for a more active lifestyle, then join the Yealm Yacht club. This club brings together the sailing communities of Noss Mayo and Newton Ferrers and has a lively social calendar for all those who wish to join.
The Ship Inn, just across the Newton creek in Noss Mayo, is an award-winning waterside pub which offers a welcoming venue as a ‘proper’ pub. Spend a few hours walking, and plan your route to end up here to enjoy a pint and pub food before you head back.